Saturday, April 3, 2010

BFR #3 Now it's wet 30MAR2010

At work again, so its the black top and the verge for running again today, and it's wet.
I have subscribed to Tellman's e-mail posts on beginning barefoot running, the following advice was timely;

"Barefoot Tip#4: Don't go running in the rain.
Have you ever gotten "dishpan hands?" You
know, you soak your hands too much and
they become soft and wrinkly, the skin ready
to just peel off?

Well, as you can imagine running barefoot
in the rain (or just on wet roads) can do the
same thing to your feet - with disastrous
results. Avoid running when it's wet, or
wear minimalist running shoes instead."

Good advice, so I donned the VFF's and did an easy 4Km. Even though I took it real easy I was only a few minutes of my usual easy run time in shoes of about 20 Minutes.
Feet felt fine, I was aware of the hot spots from the previous day but that was all. Best of all knees were aglow, as if nourishing fluid had been pumped under pressure through the joint to ensure well being.

I'm psyched.

No comments:

Post a Comment